1 Day Kayak to Pak Ou Cave, Elephants (optional), and Whiskey Village — Tour code: P15
Better than another long-boat or tuk-tuk ride to the cave:
Grab a paddle and climb into a kayak for a refreshing way to take in the beauty of the Nam Ou river as you paddle your way to visit Pak Ou Cave. You’ll kayak for 3 hours down a calm but steady flowing stretch of the Nam Ou where you can keep cool as you immerse your senses in the natural beauty of Laos. Stop for lunch on the river bank before making your way directly to the Pak Ou Cave where the Mekong and Nam Ou rivers meet. At this beautiful location on the banks of the Nam Ou river we’ll stop at an elephant camp for optional elephant riding. Take a ride on and/or bathe elephants for up to an hour before departing again by kayak to our pick-up location. We’ll transport you to the Whiskey Village for you to explore before driving you back to the Luang Prabang city by 4:30 concluding the tour.
- 8:30 am meeting, introduction to group and guides, briefing on tour before departure
- 70 minute drive north to the banks of the beautiful Nam Ou river
- brief kayaking and safety instruction at river bank
- departure on 2.5-3 hrs of kayaking with lunch on the banks of the river, opportunities for swimming.
- kayak directly to (dry season), or take a boat across the Mekong river (wet season) to see the Pak Ou cave (don’t forget your camera)
- visit an elephant camp for up to an hour of elephant riding, mahout training, and/or elephant bathing (optional and paid separately)
- kayak to (dry season), or ride a truck to (wet season) the “Whiskey Village” on the banks of the Mekong river to explore the many local crafts and, of course, whiskey that the locals produce
- final pick-up and transport back to Luang Prabang by about 4:30 pm
On all our tours we provide delicious vegetarian or non-vegetarian cuisine, fresh local fruit, unlimited water, safety gear, basic first-aid, and conscientious and well-mannered English-speaking local Lao guides. For overnight tours this includes breakfast on the morning of the tour. We offer free luggage storage and a safe for your valuables, clean sleeping bags, and mosquito nets when necessary for home-stays. As a complimentary offer for joining our tours, we provide a discount voucher on a meal at Luang Prabang’s riverside garden restaurant and bar - Utopia -.
All times are approximate and tours may vary in specific details according to season, weather conditions, and/or for safety reasons as deemed necessary by White Elephant Adventures staff.
Tour price and availability inquiries are available using the Booking and Pricing page or by completing the form below. A White Elephant Adventures representative will respond within 48 hrs.
Further details about services and care provided on all of our tours in Luang Prabang are available here.