2 Day High-Mountain Trekking Homestay with fantastic views — Tour code: N6
A breath of fresh air for the serious hiker. On this tour you will overnight at a Hmong village high atop a mountain with a view of endless mountain tops and the glow of Luang Prabang city at night.
*Due to the challenging nature of these trails, this tour can be booked only when the weather is dry.
To start this tour we will enjoy a delicious breakfast as we cruise up the Mekong River by boat forty minutes to a Lao Loum village. This will be our departing point for a challenging 5 to 5 hour trek up a mountain. We will stop at a Khmu village to explore and eat lunch before completing our ascent to the beautiful Hmong village where we overnight. You will work hard on this tour and will be rewarded by the spectacular views as a backdrop to an unforgettable Hmong home-stay experience. Wake to a crisp chill in the air, enjoy breakfast prepared by your guide, and then begin your descent.
On the second day we’ll take a new route off the mountain, stopping at several villages along the way to explore and learn more about Laos’ diverse cultures. After about 5 hours of hiking, we’ll arrive once again at the Mekong River to cross by ferry in time for you to make your way to Utopia to enjoy a well-earned meal with a fantastic view of the Nam Khan river.
- 8:30 am meeting, introduction to group and guides, briefing on tour before departure
- 5 minute walk to the banks of the Mekong River to board a long-boat and begin a forty minute ride upriver while enjoying a delicious breakfast made by our White Elephant Adventures team.
- Start trekking from the Lao Loum village Ban Muang Kham
- Trek about 2 hours to a Khmu village for information about the people and culture while enjoying a delicious lunch prepared by our White Elephant Adventures team.
- Continue hiking another 3.5 hours up a steep mountain to a fantastic Hmong village at the peak of the mountain. You will be guests in the homes of this beautiful village. Visit the school, explore the village, use your guide to translate and talk with the residents, and pose your every question and curiosity to our educated English-speaking guides to make the most of this immersion experience.
- On the second morning we’ll wake to breakfast at about 8:30 before bidding our farewells and beginning our descent.
- Trek about 5 hours off the mountain passing yet several more villages, enjoying lunch at a Khmu village named Ban Hoi Tan.
- We will reach the banks of the Mekong river once again by about 4:30. Cross the river again by boat to conclude this invigorating and memorable tour.
On all our tours we provide delicious vegetarian or non-vegetarian cuisine, fresh local fruit, unlimited water, safety gear, basic first-aid, and conscientious and well-mannered English-speaking local Lao guides. As a complimentary offer for joining our tours we provide a discount voucher on a meal at Luang Prabang’s riverside garden restaurant and bar - Utopia -
For overnight tours this includes breakfast on the morning of the tour. We offer free luggage storage and a safe for your valuables, clean sleeping bags, and mosquito nets when necessary for home-stays.
All times are approximate and tours may vary in specific details according to season, weather conditions, and/or for safety reasons as deemed necessary by White Elephant Adventures staff.
Tour price and availability inquiries are available using the Booking and Pricing page or by completing the form below. A White Elephant Adventures representative will respond within 48 hrs.
Further details about services and care provided on all of our tours in Luang Prabang are available here.