2 Day Trek and Kayak Homestay to Tad Se Waterfall: Elephant Riding and Zip-lines optional — Tour code: N5
Hike through beautiful jungle, kayak a scenic river rich with local activities, immerse yourself in a home-stay at a Khmu village, ride and bathe elephants, swim at the beautiful Tad Se waterfall (seasonal), and brave the heights along a kilometer of zip-lines all in one tour.
Our first day we’ll drive you forty-five minutes to the banks of the Nam Khan river. Cross by boat and begin 4-5 hours of hiking through the beautiful countryside of Laos, visiting an ethnically diverse group of Hmong, Khmu, and Lao Loum villages along the way. We’ll overnight at a beautiful Khmu village where you can witness and partake in the daily activities of the village. This village has some modern amenities and is perfect for those looking for a more comfortable homestay experience.
On the second morning, wake to breakfast, coffee, and tea prepared by your guide before saying your farewells and departing on an hour and a half trek to the river. Climb onto your kayak and set off on about 3 hours of kayaking down the Nam Khan river. For lunch we’ll stop at the Tad Se waterfall where you can go for a swim in it’s beautiful waters and ride elephants through
- 8:30 a.m. meeting, introduction to group and guides, deposit your luggage in our care while on the tour, and briefing on tour before departure. A delicious breakfast is included on all home-stays, provided at the onset of the tour.
- Drive about 45 minutes to the banks of the Nam Khan river.
- Cross the river by small boat and begin our trek. This trek is very scenic with a great view back across the Nam Khan River in the direction of Luang Prabang city.
- Hike about 1.5 hours to a Khmu village call Hoi Nok for a tour of this most ancient of local ethnic groups with roots going back to Cambodia.
- Continue trekking about 40 minutes past small caves to a Hmong village called Long Gud where we’ll enjoy a delicious lunch prepared by our White Elephant Adventures team.
- Trek another 3 hours to arrive at our final destination, a scenic Khmu village, thus concluding our first day about 5 hours total of trekking. Our guides will help you immerse into the home-stay experience. Utilize this chance to explore all your curiosities about the local Laos ethnic groups and enjoy their welcoming nature.
- On the second day, we’ll wake for breakfast, say our farewells to the village, and then trek about 1.5 hours off the mountain to meet our truck with the kayaks. Drop your backpacks into the truck, grab your camera and swimming gear.
- After brief instruction on kayaking and water safety we’ll kayak 10 minutes to the Tad Se waterfall. We’ll stop for a delicious lunch and swim in the beautiful waters of the Tad Se waterfall. Optionally, ride and bathe elephants for up to an hour and/or brave the heights of a kilometer of zip-lines strung through the jungle and over the waterfall.
- We’ll then hop back into our kayaks and continue down the Nam Khan river for 2.5 to 3 hours. During the wet season there are small rapids fun for all levels of experience and ages.
- Pick-up and transport back to the city by about 4:30 p.m. to conclude this activity-rich tour.
On all our tours we provide delicious vegetarian or non-vegetarian cuisine, fresh local fruit, unlimited water, safety gear, basic first-aid, and conscientious and well-mannered English-speaking local Lao guides. As a complimentary offer for joining our tours we provide a discount voucher on a meal at Luang Prabang’s riverside garden restaurant and bar - Utopia -
For overnight tours this includes breakfast on the morning of the tour. We offer free luggage storage and a safe for your valuables, clean sleeping bags, and mosquito nets when necessary for home-stays.
All times are approximate and tours may vary in specific details according to season, weather conditions, and/or for safety reasons as deemed necessary by White Elephant Adventures staff.
Tour price and availability inquiries are available using the Booking and Pricing page or by completing the form below. A White Elephant Adventures representative will respond within 48 hrs.
Further details about services and care provided on all of our tours in Luang Prabang are available here.