1 Day Mountain Biking and Kayaking to Tad Se Waterfall optional Elephant Riding and Zip-Lines — Tour code: P12
Mountain Biking, Kayaking, Villages, Temples, Swimming the Tad Se Waterfall, and optional Elephant Riding/Bathing and Zip-lines all in one tour.
Depart from the city on mountain bike for two hours of cycling through scenic countryside as you wind your way to the Tat Se waterfall. Along the way, we stop to visit the golden Wat Ponpau with it’s great views of Luang Prabang city and the Ban Panom village with it’s abundant collection of handicrafts. Climb into your kayak at the river and paddle to the Tat Se waterfall to enjoy a break for our lunch. Here you can feed elephants, bathe them in the waterfall, and ride them through the jungle. Finish off your day with kayaking 3 hrs down the Nam Khan River enjoying beautiful scenery and watching the locals fish, swim, and tend to their farming along the river banks.
- 8:30 a.m. meeting, introduction to group and guides, briefing on tour before departure
- Mountain bike about 20 minutes to see the golden temple Wat Ponpau and enjoy a beautiful view of Luang Prabang city.
- Cycle another 10 minutes to the local textile village Ban Phanom for a tour of local handicrafts
- Continue cycling for about just under 2 hours and a total of about 20 kilometers for the day along the Nam Khan river, through beautiful jungle, past numerous villages and rice paddies, and finally to the village called Ban En where we will meet our truck with the kayaks.
- After a short briefing on kayaking and safety, we’ll kayak a short distance down to the Tad Se waterfall. Here we will enjoy lunch, swim in Tad Se’s refreshing waters, ride and/or bathe elephants (optional), and brave the heights of a kilometer of zip-lines strung through the trees and above the waterfall (optional).
- We’ll then hop back into our kayaks and continue down the Nam Khan river for 2.5 to 3 hours. During the wet season there are small rapids fun for all levels of experience and ages.
- Pick-up and transport back to the city by about 4:30 p.m. to conclude this fantastic tour.
On all our tours we provide delicious vegetarian or non-vegetarian cuisine, fresh local fruit, unlimited water, safety gear, basic first-aid, and conscientious and well-mannered English-speaking local Lao guides. For overnight tours this includes breakfast on the morning of the tour. We offer free luggage storage and a safe for your valuables, clean sleeping bags, and mosquito nets when necessary for home-stays. As a complimentary offer for joining our tours, we provide a discount voucher on a meal at Luang Prabang’s riverside garden restaurant and bar - Utopia -.
All times are approximate and tours may vary in specific details according to season, weather conditions, and/or for safety reasons as deemed necessary by White Elephant Adventures staff.
Tour price and availability inquiries are available using the Booking and Pricing page or by completing the form below. A White Elephant Adventures representative will respond within 48 hrs.
Further details about services and care provided on all of our tours in Luang Prabang are available here.