1 Day Kayaking to Tad Se Waterfall optional Elephants & Zip-Lines — Tour code: P16
For those looking for a lot of kayaking, a village tour, a great swim at the Tad Se waterfall, optional elephant riding and bathing, and a chance to ride a kilometer of Zip-Lines through the trees.
Best during the wet season when the Tat Se waterfall is flowing, this tour gives you a full day of kayaking with the opportunity to swim at Tat Se waterfall, feed and/or ride elephants, and even ride zip-lines through the trees. Lunch is enjoyed at the waterfall where you can ride elephants.
Enjoy three to four hours of kayaking along the scenic Nam Khan river. This is the calmest of rivers in Luang Prabang making for easy kayaking for most of the year. You’ll pass through jungle and farmland watching local Laos people fishing and swimming in the river as you kayak by.
- 8:30 a.m. meeting, introduction to group and guides, briefing on tour before departure
- Drive about forty-five minute to the banks of the Nam Khan river
- Brief kayaking and safety instruction at river bank
- Kayak about 20 minutes down to a village to visit and see all three of Laos’ ethnic groups, the Hmong, Khmu, and Lao Loum.
- Continue kayaking about 30 minutes to the Tad Se waterfall. We’ll stop for a delicious lunch and swim in the beautiful waters of the Tad Se waterfall. Optionally, ride and bathe elephants for up to an hour and/or brave the heights of a kilometer of zip-lines strung through the jungle and over the waterfall.
- Hop back into the kayaks and continue paddling for approximately 3 hours through beautiful countryside, villages, and farms. This river is the calmest of all three local tributaries to the Mekong. During the wet season there can be small to moderate rapids for added excitement.
- Pick up and return to Luang Prabang by about 4:30 p.m., invigorated and well exercised from your day on the river.
On all our tours we provide delicious vegetarian or non-vegetarian cuisine, fresh local fruit, unlimited water, safety gear, basic first-aid, and conscientious and well-mannered English-speaking local Lao guides. For overnight tours this includes breakfast on the morning of the tour. We offer free luggage storage and a safe for your valuables, clean sleeping bags, and mosquito nets when necessary for home-stays. As a complimentary offer for joining our tours, we provide a discount voucher on a meal at Luang Prabang’s riverside garden restaurant and bar - Utopia -.
All times are approximate and tours may vary in specific details according to season, weather conditions, and/or for safety reasons as deemed necessary by White Elephant Adventures staff.
Tour price and availability inquiries are available using the Booking and Pricing page or by completing the form below. A White Elephant Adventures representative will respond within 48 hrs.
Further details about services and care provided on all of our tours in Luang Prabang are available here.