1 Day Trek and Kayak to Tad-Se Waterfall with optional Elephant Riding and Zip-Lines — Tour code: P8
The 1 day tour that does it all: hiking, kayaking, village visits, waterfalls, and optional elephant riding/bathing and zip-lines at an elephant camp right at the Tad Se waterfall.
See local Hmong, Khmu, and Lao-Loum village life and Lao’s beautiful countryside from land and water. Trekking through jungle and farmland to visit local villages on the outskirts of Luang Prabang is followed by kayaking down the scenic Nam Khan river. In the middle is lunch at the Tad Se waterfall where you can feed, ride, and bathe elephants or brave the heights of the zip-lines through the canopy of trees. During the wet season, don’t forget your swimming suit for a refreshing swim in the aqua blue waters of the Tat Se waterfall.
- 8:30 a.m. meeting, introduction to group and guides, briefing on tour before departure
- Enjoy a drive about 45 minutes the village Ban Surn on the banks of the Nam Khan River
- Cross the river by small boat and visit a village with all three major ethnic groups (Lao Loum, Hmong, and Khmu), walk about 45 minutes through jungle and rice paddies, and finally back across the river to the village Ban En.
- After brief instruction on kayaking and water safety we’ll kayak 10 minutes to the Tad Se waterfall. We’ll stop for a delicious lunch and swim in the beautiful waters of the Tad Se waterfall. Right at the waterfall there is an elephant village where you may ride and bathe elephants for up to an hour and/or brave the heights of a kilometer of zip-lines strung through the jungle and over the waterfall.
- We’ll then hop back into our kayaks and continue down the Nam Khan river for 2.5 to 3 hours. During the wet season there are small rapids fun for all levels of experience and ages.
- Pick-up and transport back to the city by about 4:30 p.m. to conclude this fantastic tour.
On all our tours we provide delicious vegetarian or non-vegetarian cuisine, fresh local fruit, unlimited water, safety gear, basic first-aid, and conscientious and well-mannered English-speaking local Lao guides. As a complimentary offer for joining our tours, we provide a discount voucher on a meal at Luang Prabang’s riverside garden restaurant and bar - Utopia -
For overnight tours this includes breakfast on the morning of the tour. We offer free luggage storage and a safe for your valuables, clean sleeping bags, and mosquito nets when necessary for home-stays.
All times are approximate and tours may vary in specific details according to season, weather conditions, and/or for safety reasons as deemed necessary by White Elephant Adventures staff.
Tour price and availability inquiries are available using the Booking and Pricing page or by completing the form below. A White Elephant Adventures representative will respond within 48 hrs.
Further details about services and care provided on all of our tours in Luang Prabang are available here.