1 Day Trek Chompet District, Luang Prabang: A boat ride, trekking, villages, and temples — Tour code: P2
Start your morning with a scenic 45 minute long-boat ride up the Mekong River where you’ll begin your trek on the opposite side of the Mekong River from Luang Prabang. This trek takes you through beautiful jungle and farmland to visit villages of the Lao Loum and Khmu ethnic groups. You’ll enjoy lunch at the villages before making your way to the temple Wat Long Khun. About 4-5 hours of easy to intermediate trekking and you’re back on the banks of the Mekong River now just opposite Luang Prabang where we’ll ride a boat to conclude your tour.
- 8:30 am meeting, introduction to group and guides, briefing on tour before departure
- Walk 5 minutes to the banks of the Mekong river to board a long-boat that will transport us 45 minutes upriver to our trekking departure point opposite Luang Prabang, the Lao Loum village Meuang Kham.
- Hike approximately 2 hours to a Khmu village named Ban Hoi Phont where our guides will tell the group about the lives and culture of the Khmu people. We’ll enjoy lunch and we encourage you to take this opportunity to explore all your curiosities and questions about the local cultures with your guide.
- Continue trekking about 1 hour to Sai Jalin village, a Lao Loum village, where you will see marked differences between the previous Khmu village.
- Trek 1 hour to the temple Wat Long Khun passing yet another village along the way. Take this opportunity to ask your guides about the life of the local monks and get his recommendation about where to see a local monk procession before you leave Luang Prabang.
- Take a slow boat back to the city returning by about 4:30 p.m.
- In total, this tour is approximately 4-5 hours of intermediate trekking and tends to be most beautiful during the wetter season as the vegetation is rich and green.
On all our tours we provide delicious vegetarian or non-vegetarian cuisine, fresh local fruit, unlimited water, safety gear, basic first-aid, and conscientious and well-mannered English-speaking local Lao guides. As a complimentary offer for joining our tours, we provide a discount voucher on a meal at Luang Prabang’s riverside garden restaurant and bar - Utopia -
For overnight tours this includes breakfast on the morning of the tour. We offer free luggage storage and a safe for your valuables, clean sleeping bags, and mosquito nets when necessary for home-stays.
All times are approximate and tours may vary in specific details according to season, weather conditions, and/or for safety reasons as deemed necessary by White Elephant Adventures staff.
Tour price and availability inquiries are available using the Booking and Pricing page or by completing the form below. A White Elephant Adventures representative will respond within 48 hrs.
Further details about services and care provided on all of our tours in Luang Prabang are available here.