1 Day Mountain Biking to Tad Se waterfall, Zip-lines and Elephant bathing & riding optional — Tour code: P7
Your guide will lead you to the beautiful golden Wat Ponpau with it’s great views of Luang Prabang city, to visit local weaving villages, and to ride through lush jungle and farmland as you pedal your way along the Nam Khan river to the village Ban En. Here you’ll stop to eat lunch and feed and/or take a ride on the elephants. During the wet season take a refreshing swim in the aqua blue waters of Tat Se Waterfall. Ride back to the city on a paved road for a total of approximately 40 invigorating kilometers of mountain biking for the day.
- 8:30 a.m. meeting, introduction to group and guides, briefing on tour before departure
- Mountain bike about 20 minutes to see the golden temple Wat Ponpau and enjoy a beautiful view of Luang Prabang city.
- Cycle another 10 minutes to the local textile village Ban Phanom for a tour of local handicrafts
- Continue biking about 2 hours on a dirt road along the Nam Khan river past villages and through jungle to the village called Ban En
- Ride a small boat 10 minutes to the Tad Se waterfall. Here we will enjoy lunch, swim in Tad Se’s refreshing waters, ride and/or bathe elephants (optional), and brave the heights of a kilometer of zip-lines strung through the trees and above the waterfall (optional).
- Return to Ban En by boat and then continue biking, this time on a paved road past villages and farmland up and down good climbs to the city for a total of about 35 kilometers of riding for the day.
- Arrive in Luang Prabang where we started by about 4:30 p.m. to conclude your day biking through the countryside and city of Luang Prabang.
On all our tours we provide delicious vegetarian or non-vegetarian cuisine, fresh local fruit, unlimited water, safety gear, basic first-aid, and conscientious and well-mannered English-speaking local Lao guides. As a complimentary offer for joining our tours, we provide a discount voucher on a meal at Luang Prabang’s riverside garden restaurant and bar - Utopia -
For overnight tours this includes breakfast on the morning of the tour. We offer free luggage storage and a safe for your valuables, clean sleeping bags, and mosquito nets when necessary for home-stays.
All times are approximate and tours may vary in specific details according to season, weather conditions, and/or for safety reasons as deemed necessary by White Elephant Adventures staff.
Tour price and availability inquiries are available using the Booking and Pricing page or by completing the form below. A White Elephant Adventures representative will respond within 48 hrs.
Further details about services and care provided on all of our tours in Luang Prabang are available here.